- Alexieva, V., Sergiev, I., Mapelli, S. and Karanov, E., 2001. The effect of drought and ultraviolet radiation on growth and stress markers in pea and wheat. Plant Cell Environment, 24(12): 1337-1344.
- Baccouch, S., Chaoui, A. and El Fergani, E., 1998. Nickel-induced oxidative damage and antioxidant responses in Zea mays shoots. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 36(9): 689-694.
- Bortosz, G., 1997. Oxidative stress in plants. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 19: 47-64.
- Bowler, C., Van Camp, W., Van Montagu, M., Inze, D. and Asada, K., 1994. Super oxide dismutase in plants. Critical Review in Plant Sciences, 13(3): 199-218.
- Bradford, M.M., 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical Biochemistry, 72: 248-254.
- Chen, C., Huang, D. and Liu, J., 2009. Functions and toxicity of nickel in plants: recent advances and future prospects. Clean-Soil, Air, Water, 37(4-5): 304-313.
- Chu, Y.H., Chang, C.L. and Hsu, H.F., 2000. Flavonoid content of several vegetable and their antioxidant activity. Journal of Sciences of Food and Agriculture, 80(5): 561-566.
- D´cunha, G.B., Satyanarayan, V. and Nair, P.M., 1996. Purification of phenylalanine ammonia lyase from Rhodotorula glutinis. Phytochemistry, 42:
- Dechaux, C. and Boitel-Conti, M., 2005. A strategy for over accumulation of scopolamine in Datura Innoxia hairy root cultures. Acta Biologica Cracoviensia Series Botanica, 47: 101-107.
- Dhindsa, R.S., Dhindsa, P. and Thorpe, A.T., 1981. Leaf senescence correlated with increased levels of membrane permeability and lipid peroxidation and decrease levels of superoxide dismutase and catalase. Journal of Experimental Botany, 2: 93-101.
- Dinakar, N., Nagajyothi, P.C., Suresh, S., Udaykiran, Y. and Damodharam, T., 2008. Phytotoxicity of cadmium on protein, proline and antioxidant enzyme activities in growing Arachis hypogaea seedlings. Journal of Environmental Sciences, 20(2): 199-206.
- Dixon, R.A. and Paira, N.L., 1995. Stress induced phenylpropanoid metabolism. Plant Cell, 7(7):
- Ebel, J. and Cosio, E.G., 1994. Elicitors of plant defense responses: 1-36. In: Jeon, K.W. and Jarvik, J., (Eds.). International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology (vol. 148). Academic Press, 319p.
- Foyer, C.H., Descourviers, P. and Kunert, K.J., 1994. Protection against oxygen radicals: an important defense mechanism studied in transgenic plants. Plant, Cell and Environment, 17(5): 507-523.
- Gao, X., Ohlander, M., Jeppsson, N., Bjork, L. and Trajkovski, V., 2000. Changes in antioxidant effects and their relationship to phytonutrients in fruit of sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides .L) during maturation. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, 48(5): 1458-1490.
- Guo, P., Cao, Y., Li, Z. and Zhao, B., 2004. Role of an endogenous nitric oxide burst in the resistance of wheat to stripe rust. Plant, Cell and Environment, 27(4): 473-477.
- Hamilton, R., Kalu, C., Prisk, E., Padley, F. and Pierce, H., 1997. Chemistry of free radical in lipids. Food Chemistry, 60(2): 193-199.
- Heath, R.L. and Packer, L., 1968. Photoperoxidation in isolated chloroplast: I. kinetics and stoichiometry of fatty acid peroxidation. Archive of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 125: 189-198.
- Jocsak, I., Villanyi, V., Rabnecz, G. and Droppa, M., 2008. Investigation of nickel stress induction in terms metal accumulation and antioxidative enzyme activity in barley seedlings. Acta Biologiae, 52(1): 167-171.
- Karimi, F. and Khataee, E., 2012. Aluminum elicits tropane alkaloid production and antioxidant system activity in micropropagated Datura innoxia plantlets. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 34(3):
- Kovacik, J. and Backor, M., 2007. Phenylalanine ammonia-lyase and phenolic compounds in chamomile tolerance to cadmium and copper excess. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 185: 185-193.
- Laspina, N.V., Groppa, M.D., Tomaro, M.L. and Benavides, M.P., 2005. Nitric oxide protects sunflower leaves against Cd-induced oxidative stress. Plant Sciences, 169(2): 323-330.
- Lichtenthaler, H.K., 1987. Chlorophylls and carotenoids, the pigments of photosynthetic biomembranes. Methods in Enzymology, 148:
- Lunna, C.M., Gonzalez, C.A. and Trippi, V.S., 1994. Oxidative damage caused by an excess of copper in oat leaves. Plant and Cell Physiology, 35: 11-15.
- Maheshwari, R. and Dubey, R.S., 2009. Nickel-induced oxidative stress and the role of antioxidant defense in rice seedlings. Plant Growth Regululation, 59: 37-49.
- Maksymiec, W., 2007. Signaling responses in plants to heavy metal stress. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 29(3): 177-187.
- Mishra, S., Panjwani, D., Mishra, B. and Sharma, P.N., 2010. Effect of excess nickel on induction of oxidative stress in Zea mays L. plants grown in solution culture. International Journal of Toxicological and Pharmacological research, 2:
- Nakano, Y. and Asada, K., 1981. Hydrogen peroxide is scavenged by ascorbate-specific peroxidase in spinach chloroplast. Plant and Cell Physiology, 22(5): 867-880.
- Panda, S.K., Chaudhury, I. and Khan, M.H., 2003. Heavy metal induced lipid peroxidation affects antioxidants in wheat leaves. Biologiae Plantarum, 46(2): 289-294.
- Pandey, P. and Tripathi, A.K., 2011. Effect of heavy metals on morphological and biochemical characteristics of Albizia procera benth seedlings. International Journal of Environmental Sciences, 1(5): 1009-1018.
- Plewa, M.J., Smith, S.R. and Wagner, E.D., 1991. Diethyldithiocarbamate suppresses the plant activation of aromatic amines into mutagens by inhibiting tobacco cell peroxidase. Mutation Research/ Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis, 247: 57-64.
- Poulik, Z., 1999. Influence of nickel contaminated soils on lettuce and tomatoes. Scientiae Horticultural, 81(3): 243-250.
- Seregin, I.V. and Ivanov, V.B., 2001. Physiological aspects of cadmium and lead toxic effects on higher plants. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 48(4): 523-544.
- Seregin, I.V. and Kozhevnikova, A.D., 2005. Physiological role of nickel and its toxic effect on higher plants. Russian Journal of Plant Physiology, 53(2): 257-277.
- Shulaev, V. and Oliver, D.J., 2006. Metabolic and proteomic markers for oxidative stress. new tools for reactive oxygen species research. Plant Physiology, 141(2): 367-372.
- Spollansky, T., Pitta-Alvarez, S.I. and Giulietti, A.M., 2000. Effect of jasmonic acid and aluminum on production of tropane alkaloids in hairy root cultures of Brugmansia candida. Electronic Journal of Biotechnology, 3: 72-75.
- Sudhakar, C., Lakshmi, A. and Giridarakumar, S., 2001. Changes in the antioxidant enzyme efficacy in two high yielding genotypes of mulberry (Morusalba L.) under NaCl salinity. Plant Sciences, 161(3): 613-619.
- Wang, S., He, X.J. and An, R.D., 2010. Responses of growth and antioxidant metabolism to nickel toxicity in Luffa cylindrical seedlings. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 7(2): 810-821.