, B., Layeghhaghighi
, M., Azimi
, R. and Hadi
, N., 2020. Improving water use efficiency through drought stress and using salicylic acid for proper production of Rosmarinus officinalis
L. Industrial Crops & Products. 144
- Abdelaal, K.A.A., 2015. Effect of Salicylic acid and Abscisic acid on morpho-physiological and anatomical characters of faba bean plants (Vicia faba L.) under drought stress. Journal of Plant Production, Mansoura Univercity, 6: 1771-1788.
- Alizadeh, B., Ghahrani, Z., Barzegar, T. and Nikbakht, C., 2017. The effect of putresin foliar application on the growth, yield and fruit quality of sweet pepper under water stress. Agricultural agriculture, 19(2): 431-444.
- AOAC. 2002. Official method of analysis of AOAC international, 17th edition, Maryland.
- Aqlamand, S., Ismailpour, B., Jalil Vand, P., Heydari, H.R. and Tavakoli Hasanklou, N., 2017. The effect of salicylic acid and paclobutrazol on the growth and physiological traits of basil under water stress conditions. Journal of plant process and function, 6(19): 35-46.
- Arfan, M., Athar, H.R. and Ashraf, M., 2007. Does exogenous application of salicylic acid through the rooting medium modulate growth and photosynthetic capacity in two differently adapted spring wheat cultivars under salt stress. Journal of Plant Physiology, 164: 685-694.
- Balint, Z., Mutua, F., Muchiri, P. and Omuto, C.T., 2013. Monitoring drought with the combined drought index in Kenya. Developments in Earth Surface Processes, 16: 341-356.
- Bannayan, M., Nadjafi, F., Azizi, M., Tabrizi L. and Rastgoo, M., 2008. Yield and seed quality of Plantago ovata and Nigella sativa under different irrigation treatments. Industrial crops and products, 27: 11-16.
- Beigzadeh, S., Fatahi, K., Sayedi, A. and Fatahi, F., 2013. Study of the effects of late-season drought stress on yield and yield components of irrigated barley lines within Kermanshah Province Temperate Regions. World Applied Programming, 3(6):
- Bhat, M.A., Kumar, V., Ahmad Bhat, M., Ahmad Wani, I., Latief Dar, F., Farooq, I., Bhatti, F., Koser, R., Rahman, S. and Tasleem Jan, A., 2020. Mechanistic insights of the interaction of plant growth-promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) with plant roots toward enhancing plant productivity by alleviating salinity stress. Frontiers Microbiology, 11: 1952.
- Chai, Q., Gan, Y., Zhao, C., Xu, H.-L., Waskom, R.M., Niu, Y. and Siddique, K.H., 2016. Regulated deficit irrigation for crop production under drought stress. A review. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 36: 3.
- Darabi, F., Abbasi, N. and Zare, M.J., 2021. Evaluation of morphophysiological traits of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.). In response to foliar application of putricin and 24-epibrassinolide under water stress. Iranian Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research Journal, 37(2): 329-349.
- Delavari Parizi, M., Baghizadeh, A., Enteshari, Sh. and Manochehri Kalantari, Kh., 2012. Studying the effect of salicylic acid on resistance and induction of oxidative stress in green basil plant (Ocimum basilicum L.) under salt stress. Plant biology of Iran. 4(12): 25-36.
- Diallo, A.T., Samb, P.I. and RoyMacauley, H., 2001. Water status and stomatal benavioxr of cowpea, Vigna unguiclata (L.) Walp, plauts inoculated with two Glomus species at low soil moisture levels. Europian Journal of Soil Biology, 37: 187-196.
- Farooq, M., Wahid, A., Kobayashi, N., Fujita, D. and Basra, S.M.A., 2009. Plant drought stress: effects, mechanisms and management. Agronomy for Sustainable Development, 29: 185-212.
- Farsarai, S. and Moghadam, M., 2019. The effect of mycorrhizal fungi and putrescine foliar application on biochemical traits and shoot biomass of green basil (Ocimum ciliatum L.) in two different harvest times. Journal of Plant Environmental Physiology, 14(53): 47-58.
- Ghafari, H. and Tadayon, M.R., 2018. The effect of jasmonic acid foliar application on the efficiency of light use and dry matter accumulation of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris L.) under water deficit conditions. Plant products (Scientific journal of agriculture), 41(4): 111-124.
- Gharib, F.A.L., 2006. Effect of salicylic acid on the growth, metabolic activites and oil content of basil and majoram. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 4: 485-492.
- Grown, B.A., 2012. Physiological role of salicylic acid in improving performance, yield and some biochemical aspects of sunflower plant grown under newly reclaimed sandy soil. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 6: 82-89.
- Hara, M., Furukawa, J., Sato, A., Mizoguchi, T. and Miura, K., 2012. Abiotic stress and role of salicylic acid in plants: abiotic stress responses in plants. In: Parvaiza, A., Prasad, M.N.V (eds) New York, NY: Springer, pp. 235-251.
- Hassanzadeh, M. and Ebadi, A., 2009. Investigation of water stress on yield and yield components of Sesame (Sesame Indicum L.) in moghan region. Research journal of environmental science, 3(2): 239-244.
- Khan, M.I.R., Fatma, M., Per, T.S., Anjum, N.A. and Khan, N.A., 2015. Salicylic acid-induced abiotic stress tolerance and underlying mechanisms in plants. Frontiers in Plant Science, 6: 1-17.
- Kochaki, A., Mokhtari, V., Taherabadi, Sh. and Kalantari, S., 2011. Evaluation of yield, yield components and quality characteristics of plantago ovate and psyllium under moisture stress conditions. Water and Soil Journal, 25(3): 656-664.
- Li, Q.T., Lu, X., Song, Q.X., Chen, H.W., Wei, W., Tao, J.J. and Bi, Y.D., 2017. Selection for a zinc -finger protein contributes to seed oil increase
during soybean domestication. Plant Physiology, 173: 2208-2224.
- Li, R., Baum, M., Grando, M. and Ceccarelli, S., 2008. Evaluation of Chlorophyll Content and Fluorescence Parameters as Indicators of Drought Tolerance in Barley. Agriculture Science in China, 5: 751-757.
- Liu, E.K., Mei, X.R., Yan, C.R., Gong, D.Z. and Zhang, Y.Q., 2016. Effects of water stress on photosynthetic brassinosteroid in response to stress: a review. Biological Research, 51: 46.
- Maleki, A., Fazel, S., Naseri, R., Rezaei, K. and Heydari, M., 2014. The effect of potassium and
zinc sulfate application on grain yield of maize under drought stress conditions. Advances in Environmental Biology, 8(4): 890-893.
- Manoelian, J., Weisany, W., Jabari, H. and Diyanat, M., 2022. Zinc foliar application on alleviating effects of irrigation cut-off in grain filling stage of safflower genotypes (Carthamus tinctorius L.). Journal of Water and Soil Resources Conservation, 11(3): 111-125.
- Mardanlou, A., 2016. Investigation of drought tolerance in different genotypes of black seed (Nigella sativa L.). Master's thesis in the field of agriculture, plant breeding. Yasouj University, 56p.
- Mehdinejad, N. and Shahi, H., 2018. Investigating the effect of drought stress on the growth and physiological characteristics of wild and cultivated wheat species. Scientific Journal of Agriculture and Plant Breeding of Iran, 15(5): 63-83.
- Mohammadi Babazidi, H., Falknaz, M., Heydari, P., Hemti, M. and Farkhian, Sh., 2013. The effect of Azospirillium bacteria and salicylic acid on the physiological and morphological traits of basil under water stress. New Journal of Cell-Molecular Biotechnology, 3: 31-36.
- Movahhedi-Dehnavi, M., Behzadi, Y., Niknam, N. and Mohtashami, R., 2019. Salicylic acid mitigates the effects of drought and salinity on nutrient and dry matter accumulation of Linseed. Journal of Plant Process and Function, 8(31): 31-43.
- Nayyar, H., Satwinder, K.A.U.R., Kumar, S., Singh, K.J. and Dhir, K., 2005. Involvement of polyamines in the contrasting sensitivity of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) and soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill.) to water deficit stress. Botanical Bulletin of Academia Sinica, 46: 333-338.
- Nehbandani, A.R., Soltani, A. and Darvishi Rad, P., 2014. The effect of drought stress at the end of the season on water consumption, growth and yield of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant ecophysiology, 7(23): 18-27.
- Noah Peseh, b. and Manouchehri Kalantari, K., 2018. Effects of mutual application of spermidine and salinity stress in pepper plant. Iranian Journal of Biology, 24(6): 848-857.
- Parsa, M., Kamaei, R. and Yousefi, B., 2019. Effects of different biofertilizers on elements, essential oil and yield of Peppermint (Mentha piperita L.) under drought stress conditions. Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research, 35(5): 860-875.
- Pasandi, M., Janmohammadi, M., Abasi, A. and Sabaghnia, N., 2018. Oil characteristics of safflower seeds under different nutrient and moisture management. Nova Biotechnologica et Chimica, 17(1): 86-94.
- Patra, D.D., Anwar, M., Singh, S., Prasad, A. and Singh, D.V., 2009. Aromatic and medicinal plants for salt and moisture stress conditions. Recent advances in management of arid ecosystem. Proceeding of a Symposium Held in India, 26-28 March: 347-350.
- Pirasteh-Anosheh, H., Emam, Y. and Sepaskhah, A.R., 2015. Improving barley performance by proper foliar applied salicylic-acid under saline conditions. International Journal of Plant Production, 9: 467-486.
- Rahmani, F., Saifzadeh, S., Jabari, H., Voladabadi, A.R. and Hadidi Masuleh, A., 2020. Effect of drought stress and zinc foliar application on some physiological and agronomic traits of safflower cultivars. Scientific Journal of Plant Physiology, 12(47): 27-43.
- Ramroudi, M., Kikhajaleh, M., Galavi, M., Tagh al-Islami, M.J. and brothers, R., 2011. The effect of micronutrients solution spraying and irrigation regimes on the quantitative and qualitative performance of the medicinal plant saffron (Plantago ovata Forsk). Journal of Agricultural Ecology, 3(2): 219-226.
- Rezvan Bidakhti, S., Sanjani, S., Dashtban, A. and Hossam Arefi, A., 2012. Evaluation of performance and performance components of black seed medicinal plant (Nigella sativa L.) in different plant densities under low irrigation conditions. Journal of Agricultural Research of Iran, 10(2): 382-391.
- Rondanini, D., Savin, R. and Hall, A.J., 2003. Dynamics of fruit growth and oil quality of sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) exposed to brief intervals of high temperature during grain filling. Field Crops Research, 83: 79-90.
- Roumani, A., Biabani, A., Karizaki, A.R., Alamdari, E.G. and Gholizadeh, A., 2019. Effects of salicylic acid and spermine foliar application on some morphological and physiological characteristics of isabgol (Plantago ovata Forsk.) under water stress. Agronomy Research, 17(4): 1735-1749.
- Sadeghian Dehkordi, S.A. and Tadayon, A., 2016. The reaction of linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.) to biological, chemical, nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers under drought stress conditions. Scientific-research journal of plant ecophysiology, 8(27): 72-89.
- Samsam Shariat, S., 2007. Extraction, Identification and Analysis of Active Components of Medical Herbs. Iran, Mani Publication, 266p.
- Satish, L., Rency, A.C. and Ramesh, M., 2018, Spermidine sprays alleviate the water deficit‑induced oxidative stress in finger millet (Eleusine coracana L. Gaertn.) plants. Biotechnology, 8: 63.
- Sharafizad, M., Naderi, A., Siadat, S.A., Sakinejad, T. and Lak, S., 2013. Effect of drought stress and salicylic acid treatment on grain yield, process of grain growth, and some of chemical and morphological traits of Chamran cultivar wheat (Triticum aestivum). Advanced Environmental Biology, 7(11): 3234-3240.
- Shekofteh, H., Shahrokhi, H. and Solimani, E., 2015. Effect of drought stress and salicylic acid on yield and mucilage content of the medicinal herb Plantago ovata Forssk. Desert, 20(2): 245-252.
- Shoghian, M. and Rozbahani, A., 2017. Effect of salicylic acid foliar application on morphophysiological traits, yield and yield components of red bean under drought stress conditions. Scientific Journal of Plant Physiology, 9(34): 131-147.
- Singla, J. and Krattinger, S.G., 2016. Biotic stress resistance genes in wheat. In: Wrigley, C., Corke, H., Seetharaman, K., Faubion, J. (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Food Grains. Oxford Elsevier, 2: 388-392.
- Szepesi, ´A., Csisz´ar, J., G´emes, K., Horv´ath, E., Horv´ath, F., Simon, M.L. and Tari, I., 2009. Salicylic acid improves acclimation to salt stress by stimulating abscisic aldehyde oxidase activity and abscisic acid accumulation, and increases Na+ content in leaves without toxicity symptoms in Solanum lycopersicum L. Journal of Plant Physiology. 166: 914-925.
- Talaat, I.M. and Balbaa, L.K., 2010. Physiological response of sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) to putrescine and trans-cinnamic acid. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture and Environment Science, 8(40): 438-445.
- Talaat, I.M., Bekheta, M.A. and Mahgoub, M.H., 2005. Physiological response of periwinkle plants (Catharanthus roseus L.) to tryptophan and putrescine. International Journal of Agricultural and Biological, 7: 210-213.
- Tao, Q., Lv, Y., Mo, Q., Bai, M., Han, Y. and Wang, Y., 2018. Impacts of priming on seed germination and seedling emergence of Cleistogenes songorica under drought stress. Seed Science and Technology, 46(2): 239-258.
- Wang, C., Linderholm, H., Song, S., Wang, F., Liu, Y., Tian, J., Xu, J., Song, Y. and Ren, G., 2020. Impacts of Drought on Maize and Soybean Production in Northeast China During the Past Five Decades. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17: 1-10.
- Zheng, M.M., Tao, Y., Hussain, S., Jiang, Q.W., Peng, S.B., Huang, J.L., Cui, K.H. and Nie, L.X., 2016. Seed priming in dry direct-seeded rice: consequences for emergence, seedling growth and associated metabolic events under drought stress. Plant Growth Regulation, 78: 167-178.