- Abdul Jaleel, C., Manivannan, P., Wahid, A., Farooq, M., Somasundaram, R. and Panneerselvam, R., 2009. Drought stress in plants: a review on morphological characteristics and pigments composition. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 11: 100-105.
- Afzali, S.F., Shariatmadari, I., Hajabbasi, M.A. and Moatar, F., 2007. Salinity and drought stress effects on flower yield and flavonol-O-glycosides in chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla L.). Iranian Journal of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, 23(3): 382-390.
- Alishah, H.M., Heidari, R., Hassani, A. and Dizaji, A., 2006. Effect of water stress on some morphological and biochemical characteristics of purple basil (Ocimum basilicum). Journal of Biological Sciences, 6(4): 763-767.
- Antolin, M. and Yoller, J., 1995. Effects of temporary drought on nitrate-fed and nitrogen-fixing alfalfa plants. Plant Science, 107: 159-165.
- Bates, I.S., Waldem, R.P. and Teare, I.D., 1973. Rapid determination of free proline for water stress studies. Plant and Soil, 39: 205-207.
- Bhatt, R.M. and Srinivasa-Rao, N.K., 2005. Influence of pod load response of okra to water stress. Indian Journal Plant Physiology, 10: 54-59.
- Bradford, M.M., 1976. A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding. Analytical biochemistry, 72: 248-254.
- Chalchat, J.C. and Ozcan, M.M., 2008. Comparative essential oil composition of flowers, leaves and stems of basil (Ocimum basilicum L.) used as herb. Food Chemistry, 110: 501-503.
- Chalker-Scott, L., 2002. Do anthocyanins function as osmoregulators in leaf tissues?. Advances in Botanical Research, 37: 103-106.
- Charles, D.J., Joly, R.J. and Simon, J.E., 1990. Effect of osmotic stress on the essential oil content and composition of peppermint. Phytochemistry, 29(9): 2837-2840.
- Faker, B.Z., 2000. Effect of drought stress on germination and some aspects of quality and quantity of Satureja hortensis essential oil. M.Sc. Thesis in Plant Science, Tarbiat-moallem University of Tehran, 110p.
- Ghorbanali, M., Baher, Z., Mirza, M. and Rezai, M., 2001. Evaluation of growth parameters, and
quantitative and qualitative changes in the composition of essential oils Savory affect different irrigation during the vegetative and reproductive growth. Journal of Research and Development, 52: 40-45.
- Good, A. and Zaplachiniski, S., 1994. The effects of drought on free amino acid accumulation and protein syntesis in Brassica napus. Physiologia Plantarum, 90: 9-14.
- Hashemi-Dezfouli, A., Koucheki, A. and Banayan, M., 1995. Increase crops yield. Mashhad University, Press, 287p.
- Heuer, B., 1994. Osmoregulatory role of proline in water stress and salt-stressed plants: 363-481. In: Pessarkli, M., (Ed.). Handbook of Plant and Crop Stress. Marcel Dekker Publication, New York, 697p.
- Iijima, Y., Rikanati, R.D., Fridman, E., Gang, D.R., Bar, E., Lewinsohn, E. and Pichersky, E., 2004. The biochemical and molecular basis for the divergent in the biosynthesis of terpenes and phenylpropenes in the peltate gland of three cultivars of basil. Plant physiology, 136: 3724-3736.
- Juliani, H.R. and Simon, J.E., 2002. Antioxidant activity of basil. Trends in New Crops and New Uses, 575-579.
- Khalid, K.A., 2006. Influence of water stress on growth, essential oil, and chemical composition of herbs (Ocimum sp.). International Agrophysics, 20: 289-296.
- Khudsar, T. and Iqbal, M., 2001. Cadmium-induced changes in leaf epidermis, photosynthetic rate and pigment concentrations in Cajanus Cajun. Biologia Plantarum, 44(1): 59-64.
- Kuchenbuch, R., Claasen, N. and Jungk, A., 1986. Potassium availability in relation to soil moisture, II calculations by means of a mathematical simulation model. Plant and Soil, 95: 233-243.
- Kumar, A. and Singh, D.P., 1998. Use of physiological indices as a screening technique for drought tolerance in oil seed Brassica Species. Annals of Botany, 81: 413-420.
- Letchamo, W. and Gosselin, A., 1996. Transpiration, essential oil glands, epicuticular wax and morphology of Thymus vulgaris are influenced by light intensity and water supply. Journal of Horticultural Science, 71: 123-134.
- Lrigoyen, J.J. and Emerich, D.W., 1992. Water stress induced changes in concentration of praline and total soluble sugars in modulates alfalfa (Medicagosatire) plants. Physiologic Planetarium, 84: 55-60.
- Marschner, H., 1995. Functions of mineral nutrients: macronutrients. Mineral nutrition of higher plants, 2: 379-396.
- Munns, R., 2002. Comparative physiology of salt and water stress. Plant, Cell & Environment, 25: 239-250.
- Omidbaigi, R., 1997. Production and Processing of Medicinal Plants (Volume 3). Behnashr Publications. Tehran, 400p.
- Ozek, T., Beis, S., Demircakmak, B. and Baser, K.H.C., 1995. Composition of the essential oil of Ocimum basilicum L. cultivated in Turkey. Journal of Essential Oil Research, 7: 203-205.
- Ozturk, A., Unlukara, A., Ipek, A. and Gurbuz, B., 2004. Effects of salt stress and water deficit on plant growth and essential oil content of lemon balm (Melissa officialis L.). Pakistan Journal of Botany, 36(4): 787-792.
- Panda, K.S., 2007. Chromium-mediated oxidative stress and ultrastructural changes in root cells of developing rice seedlings. Journal of Plant Physiology, 164: 1419-1428.
- Ramos, M.L.G. and Gordon, A.J., 1999. Effect of water stress on nodule physiology and biochemistry of a drought tolerant cultivar of common Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Annuals of Botany, 83: 57-63.
- Refaat, A.M. and Saleh, M.M., 1997. The combined effect of irrigation intervals and foliar nutrition on sweet basil plants. Bulletin of Faculty of Agriculture University of Cairo, 48: 515-527.
- Rhizopoulous, S. and Diamatoglon, S., 1991. Water stress induced diurnal variations in leaf water relations, stomatal conductance, soluble sugars, lipids and essential oil content of Origanum majorana L. Journal of Horticultural Science, 66(1): 119-125.
- Simon, J.E., Bubenheim, R.D., July, R.J. and Charles, D.J., 1992. Water stressinduced alternations in essential oil content and composition of sweet basil. Journal of Essential Oil Research, 4(1): 71-75.
- Small, E., 1997. Culinary Herbs. NRC Research Press, Ottawa, 710p.
- Solinas, V. and Deiana, S., 1996. Effect of water and nutritional conditions on the Rosmarinus officinalis L. phenolic fraction and essential oil yields. Rivista Italian Eppos, 19: 189-198.
- Sundaramoorthy, P., Alagappan, C., Kaliyaperumal, S.G., Pachikkaran, U. and Logalashmanan, B., 2010. Chromium stress in paddy: (i