- Abdmishani, C. and Shanejat-Bushehri, A.A., 1998. Advanced Plant Breeding (Vol. 2: Plant Biotechnology). Tehran University Publications, 335p.
- Chang, Q., Zuo, Z., Harrison, F. and Chow, M.S.S., 2002. Hawthorn. The Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 42(6): 605-612.
- Chiti, S., Mortazavi, S.A., Basiri, Sh. and Sharifi, A., 2013. Evaluation of some physicochemical and nutritional characteristics of two jujube cultivars in Khorasan province. The First Regional Conference of Medicinal Herbs in the North of the Country, Iran, Golestan province, Gorgan, May 8.
- Davies, F.S. and Albrigo, L.G., 1994. Citrus. CAB International Press, Wallington, 254p.
- Ebrahimzade, M.A., Pourmorad, F. and Hafezi, S., 2008. Antioxidant activities of Iranian corn silk.Turkish Journal of Biology, 32: 43-49.
- Ghos, K., 2009. Forgotten Fruit Jujube, South Khorasan Jihad Organization. Saeedi Manesh Publications, 368p.
- Hossein Ava, S. and Saifi, A., 2002. Jujube. Technical Publications of the Tate Organization Promotion, Tehran: 17p.
- Khakdaman, H., Pourmidani, A. and adenani, M., 2007. Study of genetic variation in Iranian jujube (Zizyphus jujuba Mill.) ecotypes. Iranian Journal of Rangelands and Forests Plant Breeding and Genetic Research, 14(4): 202-214.
- Khirakhosyan, A., Kaufman, P., Warber, S., Zick, S., Aaronson, K., Bolling, S. and Change, S.C., 2014. Applied environmental stresses to enhance the levels of polyphenolics in leaves of hawthorn plants. Physiologia Plantarum, 121: 182-186.
- Makkar, H.P.S., 2003. Effects and fate of tannins in ruminant animal adaptation to tannins and strategies to overcome detrimental effect of feeding tannin-rich feed. Small Ruminant Research, 49: 241-256.
- Mirhaydar, H., 1993. Plant Education: The Use of Medicinal Herbs in the Prevention of Disease Treatment (Vol. 2). Office of the Publishing of Islamic Culture, 535.
- Mirza, M. and Sefidkon, F., 1999. Essential oil composition of two Salvia species from Iran, Salvia nemorosa L. and Salvia reuterana Boiss. Flover and Fragrance Journal, 14: 230-232.
- Nakhaei, A., 2016. Atlas of genetic reserves of garden products in South Khorasan province. Fekre Bekr Press, Tehran.
- Omidbaigi, R., 2009. Production and Processing of Medicinal Plants (Vol. 4). Astan Quds Razavi Publishing House, 438p.
- Pouyan, M., 2016. Medicinal Plants of Southern Khorasan. Islamic Azad University, Birjand, 112p.
- Rastegar, S. and Hasanzadeh, H., 2015. Evaluation of quantitative and qualitative characteristics of fruit of 11 indigenous (Ziziphus mauritiana) genotypes in Hormozgan province. Journal of Plant Productions, 38(3): 105-111.
- Salehi, F., Aroee, H., Naghdi badi, H., Nemati, S. and Toliat, M., 2017. Evaluation of morphophysiological and phytochemical traits of different ecotypes
(Salvia multicaulis Vahl.) of Hamedan province.Journal of Medicinal Plants, 4(64): 123-136.
- Singh, A.K., Singh, R. and Singh, N.K., 2009. Comparative evaluation of genetic relationships among ber (Ziziphus sp.) genotypes using RAPD and ISSR markers. The Indian Journal of Genetics and Plant Breeding, 69(1): 106-118.
- Westwood, M., 1988. Temperate-zone Pomology. Timber Press, 428p.
- Yao, M., Ritchie, H.E. and Brown-Woodman, P.D., 2008. A reproductive screening test of hawthorn. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 118: 127-132.
- Zargari, A., 1992. Medicinal Plants (Vol. 1). Tehran University Press, 889.
Jujube (Zizyphus jujuba Mill.) is a horticultural-medicinal plant belonging to the family Rhamnaceae. This research was conducted to evaluate the morphological traits and phytochemical compounds of jujube ecotypesin Iran to achieve superior medicinal ecotype. The plan with fourteen jujube ecotypes of jujube collection of Jahad University of Southern Khorasan (Birjand) was carried out in spring-2018 in a completely randomized design with three replications. Leaf and riped fruit samples were evaluated morphologically and phytochemically. The results showed that the yield of 100-seed weight was positively and significantly correlated with fruit length, fruit width and length to fruit width ratio. Also, length to fruit width ratio and length to leaf width ratio had a positive and significant correlation with leaf width. The correlation of total flavonoid and total phenol traits with other phytochemical traits was not significant. Antioxidant capacity was significantly correlated only with total phenol. Analysis of variance of morphological traits showed that the studied ecotypes had a significant difference with each other, which indicates the existence of a variety of jujube germplasm in Iran. Based on the cluster analysis results, fourteen ecotypes were placed in two separate clusters. The results of this study showed that there is a considerable diversity in the studied ecotypes that can be used in breeding programs of the species.